понеделник, 22 ноември 2010 г.

In BG Cinemas from Nov 19

Хари Потър и даровете на смъртта: Част 1 (2010)/Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I  - As I'm a huge fan not only of the Harry Potter books but also of the films (all six of them I've watched four-five times each on the big screen), I was more than glad when I heard that Warner Bros wanted to divide the last instalment into two parts, with the idea being that every character would get the end he/she/it deserves. Come November 2010 and the first part is already in the cinemas, and though it's not a bad movie, not at all, I'd lie if I say that I don't feel betrayed by Warner and the film's creators. Minor spoilers ahead... So what about the promised ends - where was the Dursleys farewell, a tiny, but crucial nice element in the book, why was the Hedwig death only a blink and you'll miss it event, where was the death of Madeye Moody and what the hell happened to Wormtail? And having in mind that crucial elements of the Dumbledore and Severus Snape backstories, which were in the first part of the book, were skipped, that doesn't bode well for the second chapter (at least in terms of script)... But, as I really cannot hate an HP movie, and perhaps I'm a little too harsh as the things are coming to their close and my expectations were different and too high, I have to point out to the good aspects of Deathly Hallows Part One. First of all - many scenes are great - the seven Potters transformation, the break into the Ministry of Magic, the will of Dumbledore, the Dobby farewell, the destroying of the medallion... but most of all - every single scene in the Malfoy Mansion was excellent. And once again the baddies had the meaty roles, doing best with the too-short screen time they had, Alan Rickman and Ralph Fiennes were great as always, but Helena Bonham Carter once again proved as if the role of Bellatrix Lestrange was written especially for her. Another things on the plus side - the cinematography was superb, the new music of Alexandre Desplat (despite the lack of legend John Williams) was a worthy addition to the Potter universe and the chemistry between the three leads is perfect. And we should not forget that the story of the Deathly Hallows and the three brothers was displayed wonderfully with animation. To sum it up - if you are not a Potter fan by now, don't expect this to convert you, if you are a big Potter fan - leave your expectations at the front door and enjoy it, because sadly there is only one to go...
* And as I'm going to watch it several times in the next weeks, perhaps I'll change my mind on some of the flaws of the movie... Alexandra
Trailer

Пак ли ти?/You Again - The latest comedy from Disney comes heavy on the big stars - Jamie Lee Curtis and Sigourney Weaver together!, and according to some of my friends, heavy on the laughs. Most of the critics say otherwise, but I still haven't watched it to have a definite opinion. At least, I'm certain, that despite the lack of any profundity, the title will make you smile for an hour and a half. Forum Film 
Trailer

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар